SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a technique that is used by businesses frequently to rank up on SERPs. This has led to cut-throat competition between various SEO specialists for ranking a website for a particular keyword. Now, SEO is not everyone’s cup of tea which leads to the failure of many SEO campaigns. So, what is SEO? How can you find out the right agency to rank up your website? Let’s find out!
What is SEO?
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a digital marketing technique that is aimed at improving the rank of a website on SERP, increasing the traffic of the website and increasing sales for the website. Search Engine Optimization involves the following phases:
- Technical SEO: Here various fine technical details of the website is assessed and the SEO manager gives recommendations for improving website structure which is preventing it from ranking.
- On-Page SEO: In this, the SEO specialist changes the on-page features of the page such as heading tags, image tags, alt tags, meta-tags, and other features to make the website more visible for the search engines.
- Off-Page: Off-page SEO involves link-building, an act in which the SEO expert promotes the website content on multiple channels to obtain backlinks for the website which can help them rank.
What should you check before hiring an SEO Company
These are the key points one must keep in mind before hiring an SEO expert:
Check their Website
Check if their website looks like a professional business website or if it looks spammy which is designed only to serve search engines. Check the credibility of the contact information mentioned on their website and cross-check it with multiple resources. A professional website contacts a blog page, about us section, FAQ section, contact us page, etc.
Check their Website’s Traffic
The ultimate aim of any SEO campaign is not only to rank your website but also to attract traffic to your site. Check whether or not the SEO Company’s website has sizeable traffic or not. If they are not able to increase traffic on their website, there is a low chance that they will be able to help you out with this.
Check their experience and clientele:
Before signing a deal with the company, do check if they have proper experience or expertise or not. Ask them a few questions such as:
- What is the size of your team?
- What is the experience of your company?
- What are some of the notable client’s you have worked with?
SEO strategies they use
Just like any profession, the SEO world is also filled up with many spammy shortcuts which are aimed at increasing the ranking without much effort. These techniques are called black-hat SEO. Some of the black-hat techniques involve:
- Creating Doorway Pages
- Using Spun/Automated Content
- Cloaking (designing a website differently for the user and differently for the search engines)
- Involving in link exchanges
Check if the SEO agency you are going to hire is involved in these techniques or not before hiring them. Meanwhile, if you are looking for the best SEO Company in Delhi, do try Webocity.