Psoriasis lands first in the list of the most common autoimmune diseases, that manifests it’s symptoms on the skin. Statistically, on an average every year 10 million or more people get affected due to this skin condition everywhere which makes it a very common and significant skin condition.
However, what might come as a surprise to you is that there is not a single effective and direct cure for this condition or in other words Psoriasis as a disease is incurable. Although with the improvement of medical science some of the leading clinics in London devised some therapy procedure for offering best psoriasis treatment London and in its adjoining areas. Some of these cure procedures include topical treatment, phototherapy and few others.
What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis as mentioned already is one of the most common autoimmune conditions that manifests it’s symptoms on the skin. It is a skin disease where red, scaly patches rashes develops on various parts of your skin like elbows, trunks, knees, scalps etc. These rashes marks to be a common skin condition which is mostly incurable, chronic in nature and have a tendency to go through seasonal cycles wherein some seasons they flare for weeks or for months while in some they subside and recede into remission for good.
Here are few symptoms to diagnose psoriasis
- If red patches appear on the skin with silvery scales
- If some small and scaly spots appear on skin. This is more frequently seen in children.
- Drying of skin with occasional cracks and bleeding tendencies.
- Itching, burning or soreness on the skin.
- Thickened or pitted skin scales and on nail edges.
- Swollen and stiffness in joints.
What are the different types of psoriasis seen in people?
Patches of psoriasis can vary from few spots like dandruffs to large scaly papules on elbows, knees and scalps. Different types of psoriasis seen among people include:
- Plaque psoriasis
- Nail psoriasis
- Guttate psoriasis
- Inverse psoriasis
- Pustular psoriasis
- Erythrodermic psoriasis
- Psoriatic arthritis etc.
What are some of the common treatments available?
Few of the major dermatologist London acne, and psoriasis specialists offer varied range of treatments like topical treatments, phototherapy etc. Here follows
Topical treatment for psoriasis therapy includes rubbing of topical creams or ointments directly into the scales and rashes bringing momentary relief. Some of these topical agents include:
- Salicylic acid
- Steroid based creams known for reducing itchiness, inflammation etc.
- Various steroid based ointments includes calcitriol, calcipotriene etc.
- Prescription based retinoids like vitamin A etc.
Another common therapy technique is using of common dosage of sunlight which doesn’t cause any sunburn. Few of the photo-therapuetic methods include:
- Direct exposure to sunlight
- Use of UVB broadband from artificial light source can cure a single source of light
- Use of UVB Narrowband
- Using of PUVA or Psoralen plus ultraviolet A rays
- Using of excimer laser direct beams etc.
Choosing the clinic
There are various clinics available across London which offers such treatments. The leading ones in the lot will have positive reviews all across the clients, proper amenities, licensed professional doctors. So hit the web and choose wisely.