Steel is the most cost-effective building material available today. Pre-engineered steel buildings provide great advantages that are unmatched by any other alternatives or conventional construction methods. Buildings manufactured from steel are affordable to buy, build, and operate. High-quality prefab metal buildings dominate today’s low-rise non-residential construction.
By using steel for any construction project, you can get benefits like:
- High quality, commercial-grade, corrosion-resistant rigid steel framing for your dream structure
- Custom metal buildings designed and produced to the customer’s specific needs
- Unrestricted customized design and floor plan possibilities
- Easy scope of large, unobstructed interior space ideal for any business operations, aircraft hangars, barns and stables, churches, manufacturing plants, large equipment storage, equestrian riding arenas, vehicle showrooms, warehouses, sports facilities, and many more.
Now, let’s explore the amazing features of steel why it is the most popular metal for any metal building construction project.
- Steel Offers Great Strength, Beauty, and Design Freedom: Steel is highly durable, strong, and adaptable. It has a terrific strength-to-steel ratio, which means that lesser amounts of steel can provide the same amount of strength of support. Steel provides cost-effective, sustainable, and resilient design solutions for owners, architects, engineers, building officials, and contractors. Steel is the best construction material that offers architects more design freedom in color, texture, and shape. It offers amazing strength and its capacity to bend and creating segmented curves make it the perfect metal for desirable construction design.
- Buildings Designed from Steel Have Low Maintenance & Installation Cost: Steel buildings have pre-manufactured components i.e. parts are often fabricated in the manufacturing unit and then brought on-site for assembly. Hence, these are easy to install and less labor & time required. Steel has an anti-corrosive property, which makes it unaffected by elements like dust, sun, water, etc. Metal garage buildings are easy to clean and less frequent maintenance required because it does not allow mold, mildew, and pests growth, unlike wooden buildings. Garage buildings are energy-saving also because properly insulated metal building requires less energy consumption to regulate or maintain the temperature inside the building.
- Steel is Energy-Efficient: Steel buildings have excellent insulation properties, and these are good insulators for heat and cold. Thus, it controls the temperature of buildings in summer and winter, eliminating the need for HVAC systems. As the temperatures are maintained in a steel building, it helps save the energy used for heating or cooling your property.
- Steel Offers Flexible Customization: Metal does not lose strength after bending or shaping, hence allow you to customize your metal garage best to match your needs. Metal buildings are easy to extend with your growing storage needs. Although clearspan metal buildings give you more space for use as compared to stick structures. Systematic, bolt-together steel buildings save time and money.
- Steel is Eco-Friendly Material & Recycled Easily: One of the most impressive characteristics of steel is the fact that it is an environmentally friendly material that is easily recycled or reused for other purposes. Prefab steel frame buildings are energy-efficient, helping to decrease your carbon footprint on the earth with every structure built.
The Benefits of Steel Framed Buildings After Construction
- Low Maintenance – A steel building is easier to maintain and clean than structures made of conventional materials like wood or brick.
- Energy Efficient – Metal structures have the feasibility to install insulation. Proper insulation can save money on heating and cooling costs. With the right insulation, animals or livestock can be housed in a steel building without any worry.
- Durable – Steel buildings do not rot like wood and can stand up to constant use and strong weather conditions, including wind, rain, snow, and seismic events.
- Fire & Pest Resistant – Metal is not susceptible to fire, termites, and other destructive pests.
- Metal buildings keep their good looks and value for decades longer than other structures or building types.
- Metal buildings expand easily and economically.
Hence, all above are some of the great steel features and the structure manufactured by this metal. Due to all these fantastic features, steel has become so popular that it is the most prominent metal and widely used in the construction industry.
So, when are you buying or installing a steel structure at your property?