Network issues do not have a particular reason behind the occurrence. They can occur because of a variety of reasons. Usually, a user faces Quickbooks Network issues when they try to open a company file or use Quickbooks in multi-user mode. Also, there are different error codes related to different situations in which the Quickbooks network errors occur. All of them require a different solution. In this article, we are going to explain to you different types of Quickbooks Network errors and how you can resolve each of them. Give a thorough look at the article to know more.
Common Network Issues in Quickbooks
Facing network issues is common on Quickbooks and they usually occur because of the firewall issue or improper network settings. Below we have mentioned a list of network issues that you can face in Quickbooks.
- H series like Quickbooks error H202, H505, H101.
- Also, Quickbooks can not communicate with the company file is another network issue.
- Quickbooks error 6189 is another network issue that we face.
- The connection has been lost in Quickbooks
- Quickbooks Network connection failure error
Methods to Fix Quickbooks Network Errors
Solution 1: Download and Install Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
The Quickbooks file doctor tool can be used to fix different company file issues and Network issues in Quickbooks. The tool can be used either individually or with the help of the QuickBooks tool hub. Other than this, if you are facing errors like Quickbooks error code H202, H505, you need to make sure that you have installed the file doctor tool on the workstations and the server system. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, you will have to download the Quickbooks tool hub on your system. You will then have to click on the downloaded file and complete the installation by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- You will then have to make sure that you have terminated the Quickbooks application on your system.
- Now, you will have to open the Quickbooks tool hub window and then click on the company file issues option.
- You will then have to choose the option to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- When the tool will load, you need to click on the start option to begin the process.
- Wait for the process to complete. On completion, you will have to close the Quickbooks tool hub windows and then open the Quickbooks application to check if the error persists.
Solution 2: Verify the Network
Now, in case you are facing the Quickbooks network connection error, we will suggest you make sure that you have a stable network connection on the system. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to upload or save the required file over the internet. In case you can do this, it means you have the required network connectivity.
- Also, you need to create an MS Excel file in the folder in which your company file is stored. In case you are not able to do so, you will have to set up permissions for your Quickbooks file and software.
Solution 3: Disable the Power Management Settings on Server
There are chances that a user encounters a Quickbooks Network issue saying: The connection to the file has been lost. In such cases, you need to open the Power management settings page on your server system and then disable the settings. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to open the folder in which you have stored your company file. When done, you will have to open the Windows control panel and then visit the power management settings.
- For this, you will have to press the Windows key and then in the search window, you will have to enter power options.
- When the results will appear on the screen, you will have to click on the power option.
- When in the dome, you need to disable the option for sleep, standby, and hibernation.
- Save the settings and then exit the control panel. Check if you still face the issue.
Solution 4: Run Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Now, the next common network error that a user can face is “Quickbooks not able to communicate with the company file”. In case you have stumbled on the error, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the error.
- To start with, you need to open the Quickbooks tool hub on the system. When done, you need to choose the network issues option.
- From the list of all the tools, you need to click on the Quickbooks database server manager option. Now, you will be asked to download Quickbooks in case it is not installed on the system.
- When the tool will open on the system, you will have to click on the Browse option and then add your required company file.
- Now, you need to click on the start scan option to begin the process.
- The tool will then repair and configure all the firewall permissions.
- Wait for the process to complete. When the process is complete, choose the close option.
Method 5: Disable Hosting on All Workstations
Now, the next recommended method to fix the Quickbooks Network error is to make sure that hosting is turned off on all your workstations. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- The very first step is to open Quickbooks on any of your workstations.
- Also, remember not to open any company file. Now, you need to click on the File option and then click on the utility option.
- When done, you will have to look for the host multi-user access option. In case you can see this option, do not press it and move to another workstation.
- Now, in case you see the option to stop multi-user access, you will have to click on it.
- Also, you need to repeat the same set of instructions on all the workstations on your system.
These were some of the common Network errors that you can face while using the Quickbooks application. Also, we have provided you with all the methods that you can use to fix the issue. In case if the error persists, you need to seek technical advice. Hopefully, the article has helped you.
You Might Also Found Useful – Easy ways for troubleshooting – com error QuickBooks 2017