Lying at an altitude of 11,827ft above sea level, this trek takes almost about 6 days to complete. Being ranked as one of the moderately easy treks, the Dayara bugyal trek is a beautifully sculpted landscape with meadows that give you exotic experiences.
unpredictable changes in the terrain make it into the list of every mountaineer, this trek is said to have the best meadows in the country.
The unpredictable folds you’ll get to seek suddenly are while you come across chain huts of shepherds that are abandoned. This entire trek holds a lot of surprising elements throughout the trail.
If you are questioned for a reason to take up this trek, then the sight of Mt.bandarpoonch and black peak towering over the Dayara at an altitude of almost 21000ft stands outright for you.
you’ll get to see the panoramic view of Mt.srikanth, Draupadi ka Danda, and Mt.Juanli in the Garhwal Himalayan region.
Dayara bugyal is one such range that has been awarded as one of the topmost beautiful grasslands in the world.
Best timing for Dayara bugyal trek
Except for the monsoon, all other seasons are great and are good for the Dayara Bugyal trek. During Spring you’ll see pink and red rhododendrons flower all through the forest trail
Autumn will present you with the golden-green grass stretched across the meadow
Winter as always comes with white snow carpet spread throughout the trail.
Important things to note.
- The trek is beginner-friendly and can be taken as a pre-trek to get used to high-altitude trekking
- make sure you have good stamina and endurance
- You’ll have exit points at chilapata and bar if there is a need.
- The closest hospital and ATM is located at Uttarkashi.
- Wearing properly fitted clothes avoids frostbite from freezing temperatures.
- Avoid snacks and junk food
- Do not use disposable plastic bottles and plastic-wrapped items.
- The climber taking this trek must be fit and shouldn’t have a list of conditions like heart problems, high blood pressure, and asthma.
Things to pack
- Woolen clothes, rainproof jackets, sunglasses, thermal wear.
- Waterproof backpack
- Trekking shoes, snow boots, and trekking poles.
- Moisturizers, chapstick, torch
- Personal medicines and first aid kit.
- Make sure to carry your government-issued photo identity card, original as well as photocopies.
- In certain cases, you’ll be asked to provide a medical certificate also.
Quick facts about the Dayara bugyal trek
- The temperature might go below 0° to almost -4°C. During the day the temperature might hit up to 25° at the maximum.
- You’ll be covering a total distance of almost 29km in this trek.
Also Read: United airline Booking Phone Number
The trek experience
- The trek starts from the base camp located at bars. It will take you to Barnala, the next stop
- You will gradually ascend the landscape filled with rhododendrons, deodar, and silver oak.
- After hiking up through the alpine meadows from Barnala, you’ll get to see the wide stretched peaks of Srikanth, rudregaira, Gangotri 1, 2, and 3, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda 1 and 2, black peak, and much more.
- After that you’ll climb up to the highest point, Bakaria top from where you’ll have the view of lush valleys and snow-capped peaks.
- The snowfields in this trek are spread across the meadows and give you the feel like the meadows being carpeted, along with those giant mountains towering over is a wonderland kinda experience.
- fluffy sheeps grazing in small herds of the golden-green flaunted grass over the hillocks are so soothing.
- The view of Mt.Bandarpoonch tugged inside the shimmering white snowy flanks that looked so heavenly is the highlight of the trek.
- The view of Mt.kalang follows all through.
- The scene of the trail that you climbed is also marvelous, giving you the bes8t views of the great Himalayas and the Gangotri.
- The view of the mountain from here is also extremely stunning apart from that of the meadows
- As you climb up you’ll find the Beverly ending meadow and continuing with the meadows in the second and third hill lock.
- Hiking up through the hilly trail to reach Bakhariya, the highest point of the meadows is the pack of adventures experienced in this trail.
- The view from the top is so breezy you get to witness the hills on one side and the great mountain ranges on the other side with that deep valley located 1000s of ft below.
Dayara bugyal Trek is an excellent choice for beginners and novice trekkers. It offers an absolute delight for naturalists and adventurers whose thirst for adventure grows.