The academic world is not without its ups and downs, but it is very rewarding. This holds most true for those who study in the department of Education. While receiving your degree you know that you are not only expanding your own knowledge but actively working towards educating the next generation.
Whether you are enrolled in a Bachelor’s course or pursuing a complete or a part time PhD programme, you know you are making a difference.
How can you get into the best colleges?
Securing an admission into the top B.Ed college in Delhi is not a matter of joke and requires a lot of hard work. Here are some of the steps you can follow for better results:
- Have a clear aim and purpose. Figure out why you wish to pursue Bachelors in Education and have a set goal. With this fixed in your mind, research the best colleges in Delhi where you can apply.
- The admission requirements for colleges might differ a bit but are generally more or less uniform. You will need to have excellent results and good interpersonal skills that will shine through your interview.
- It is also a given that you must be truly invested in the subject you wish to teach upon completion of your degree. You have to demonstrate professionalism and have commendable teaching skills in order to graduate from the programme. So, it is advisable to be very thorough with your chosen subject.
- In case of entrance examinations, prepare well in advance. If you go through the previous years’ papers you will be able to figure out a pattern. It is also good to familiarize yourself with some of the basic theories you will be taught at the start of the B.Ed course.
What can I do with my degree from the top B.Ed college in Delhi?
There are many pathways that you can follow after graduation. Some of these are:
- Going on to teach in schools – This is the most obvious career path that B.Ed graduates follow. After a lot of rigorous training and difficult examinations, you are finally free to fulfill your dream of imparting education.
- Doing a Masters – A lot of students also prefer securing a Master’s in a subject of their choice before applying for jobs because it enables them to secure a position in higher education as well.
- Doing a PhD – For those who love research, are driven by questions, and wish to contribute to the field of Education, PhD is another choice. Most universities offer both full and part time PhD options for 5 years. In case of the latter you can continue working while doing research. Depending on your university, you will also get an attractive stipend package.
Teaching is one of the noblest professions that will never go out of demand. If you are truly passionate about your subject, or if you wish to make a palpable difference in the lives of others, this is the perfect field for you. After all, you will be tasked with one of the most coveted jobs – shaping the minds of the leaders of tomorrow.