QuickBooks is one of the trusted accounting software for data record and accounting task. It’s a robust accounting software developed by Intuit’s and has all the properiety ownership. QuickBooks comes with many great tools and features to provide the accuracy a business needed. QuickBooks is completely user-friendly software and easy to use, that a non-technical guy can easily handle it and do the work. But like the other software it’s not completely errors free. QuickBooks users may have came across a few error which could disturb the work action and time.
One of the most common company file errors that QuickBooks users encounter is QuickBooks error 6000 77. This error is primarily related to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks and appears when a user tries to access the company file from the workstation that is saved on the server computer. Several factors are responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks company file error and if once identified, the error can be resolved in a few minutes.
If you are also dealing with one such company file error, then keep reading the complete article until the end to know more about the reasons and solution to resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 77 in the shortest time possible.
Users desalting with QuickBooks error 6000 77 if require additional assistance resolving the error can reach QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number.
Possible Reasons behind the Occurrence of Company File Error QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Here is a list of every possible reason that can trigger code 6000 77 while accessing the company file in QuickBooks:
- If you are not connected to the server computer that has the company file saved on it.
- The Windows user account that you are using to access the company file is not having the required administrator rights.
- Damage in the company file is also a possible reason for getting error code 6000 77 while accessing the company file.
- If some crucial QuickBooks installation files like.ND and.TLG files have got some damage.
- Damaged company file folder is also a reason that triggers error message 6000 77 in QuickBooks.
- When Windows firewall is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
If you can identify the reasons that are triggering the error in your case, then jump to the related troubleshooting method and skip the others. If you are not sure what is causing the error, then follow the troubleshooting instructions in the given order.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77
When this error occurs you may see many unwanted changes to your system and the software. These symptoms indicate what is happening to your system. Some of the given symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000 77 are given below:
- System starts becoming slow
- QuickBooks unable to open the company file
- The QuickBooks software stops responding
- Windows Operating System stars freezing and crashing.
These are the symptoms that happen when QuickBooks Error 6000 77 happens. Now let’s go for the solution.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 77
Solutions 1: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select run as administrator.
- Enter the admin account’s login credentials.
- Try to access the company file now.
Solution 2: Check Workstation’s connectivity with the Server
- Open a command prompt on the workstation and type the command PING [Server IP Address].
- Press Enter and check if all the packets sent are received by the server.
- If the packets are lost, then contact your IT admin to get the connectivity issues resolved.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor Tool
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub and run it using the Desktop icon.
- Move to the Company File Issues section and click QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to repair the damage in the company file.
Solution 4: Configure Windows Firewall and system security Settings
- Press the Windows+R key to open the Run command
- Type “Control Panel” in the search box and press enter
- Click on “System & Security” then “Windows Firewall”
- Now click on “Advanced Settings” left side of the window.
- Now, configure the “Windows Firewall port settings” in an automatic.
- Here you can manually configure the executions for all ports of a firewall
Doing the windows firewall security configuration might solve the error, but if not move to the next solution.
Solution 5: Recreate the Damaged folders
- Press Windows+E to open “My Computer”
- Here, create a new folder in C: drive
- Search for the .qbw file, example: company_file.qbw
- copy the .qbw file
- Go and paste it to the newly created folder
- Set the needed permissions to share the company file
- Now, open QuickBooks and open the files from a new place.
Solution 6: Rename the .ND and .TLG files
In QuickBooks software .ND and .TLG files are parts of it. These are the configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access the company file in multi-user mode. Sometimes when these files get corrupted or damaged, you will receive the error message while opening the QuickBooks files. If you rename these files you won’t lose any of your QuickBooks data. Because these files automatically get created when you rescan with the help of QB Database Server Manager.
- Open the folder that contains the company file
- Find the files with the same name but with extension .ND and .TLG.
- Right on the files and select Rename. Add OLD at the end of each file. example: company_file.qbw.nd.old.
- Open QuickBooks again and sign in to the company files.
If the error still occurs, move to the next solution.
Solution 7: Verify the Company Folder Permissions Manually
Sometimes you get this error due to where the company file is saved does not have the proper right permissions. Approve your company folder permissions to share company files. Now, try to reopen the company files again in QuickBooks. This might solve the error.
If the issue is still not resolved, then you will need to recreate the damaged company file folder and.ND and.TLG files. You might also require to reconfigure the Windows firewall which requires expert guidance. If you are also stuck with QuickBooks error 6000 77 and need the help of an expert, then get in touch with the support team now.