Your marriage certificate is an important document that gives legalization to your marriage. It is necessary to get the certificate for financial matters or some future concerns. The document is mandatory when you are applying for a visa to go abroad. If you are working abroad and are willing to take your spouse to the foreign country then you have to go for proper attestation procedure to get the permission for going abroad. You first need to apply for the certificate and then get it at your place by courier.
How to Apply for Marriage Certificate
- As per the marriage act of the country one needs to apply for the certificate at regional level departments that can be a municipality office or gram panchayat.
- Some self- attested documents are required to get the marriage certificate.
- In the process of application the form should be properly filled and signed by both husband and wife.
- The Aadhaar card, marriage invitation card and age proofs of both the spouses are required in the procedure.
- The place, date of birth, nationality and marriage affidavits are also necessary to attach with the application form.
- The religious place and the simonized marriage certificate by the priest will have to be attached along the application with self-attestation.
- After all the formalities the form is submitted to the office and you receive the certificate by post or can collect it from the municipal office where you paid the fees and submitted the form.
Visit: https://nduniversal.com/ for Apostille and other marriage certificate related immigration documentation related services
There are two marriage acts in India under which you can get your wedding’s certificate. Both the acts have their own guidelines and rules under which the certification is done. Let us know about the acts in detail.
Special Marriage Act, 1954
The Special Marriage Act 1954 was enacted to provide a special form of marriage for all the Indian citizens residing in the country as well as foreign. A person irrespective of religion or an inter-religious marriage can be registered under this special act. To get this certificate you need to give 30 days prior notice. The form is to be filled at the registrar office which is afterwards sent to the marriage office of the area with all the self-attracted evidence and signature. If no objections are received within a month then the certificate is granted. The marriage is solemnised in front of three witnesses at the specified marriage office.
Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable when both the husband and wife are of the same religion. They can be Hindu, Jain, Buddhist or Sikh. Here the certificate can be obtained on the same day by just providing your ID proofs and signatures. The purpose of the certificate is to give indemnification to the partners regarding their marriage. The documents must be attested by the Gazetted officer and the parties have to deposit the fee for the form. Once the application is verified by the authorised officer you can get the application from the official department.
Follow the procedure step by step and get your certificate with proper apostille attestation services .