How to Buy A Bracelet
For many women, a bracelet is more than a piece of jewelry. It is not only a form of self-expression but also what makes you look fashionable. Bracelets can be divided into two types-
- Chain Bracelets
And chain bracelets can also come in various different kinds of designs and types. This article is to tell you how to choose a chain bracelet.
1. Set a Budget.
The budget is one realistic factor that can determine which charm bracelet you end up with. Setting up financial boundaries before you begin your search keeps you from overspending and looking outside your price range. It is a well-known fact that not everybody can afford those top-notch bracelets, but there are many comparable options available.
Although it is advisable to buy within your price range, do not rush into buying a cheaply made chain bracelet just to spare a few dollars. It is important to get it right the first time and avoid unnecessary trips to the jeweler just because you bought an inexpensive bracelet made of cheap clasps and links.
2. Decide on the Metal
- After setting a budget, you should then choose what type of material you want your bracelet chain to be. Here are some most common materials that are used to make bracelet chains. You can choose anyone according to your taste.
- Gold chain bracelets are much more formal than others and their pendants are very formal as well. If you decided to buy a gold bracelet, what you need to keep in mind is that pure gold is extremely malleable and is not very durable. So you’d better choose one in the form of 14 or 18 karats.
- Silver chain bracelets are also very formal when compared to other kinds of metal. Like a gold chain, silver chain is most often found as an alloy to make it more durable for daily wear. So before making a decision, you need to know that a silver bracelet has to have a 92.5 percent silver composition.
- Platinum chain bracelets are extremely durable and can last for an exceptionally long time. Platinum is the hardest material among the precious metals commonly used in making bracelet chains. Additionally, platinum chains can retain a shine without regular polishing.
- Plated chain bracelets can be made from many materials. The plating process puts a certain thickness of the given metal, like gold, on the base material. Although plating achieves the appearance of the metal, it finally wears off over time.
- Leather chain bracelets are made from either genuine animal hide or imitation material. Leather makes bracelets less formal than those made from precious metals.
- Fabric chain bracelets usually contain a lot of different types of fabrics, like rope, cord, and cloth. They are generally considered to be appropriate for informal wear.
3. Choose the Style
- Chain bracelets come in a variety of designs to suit every taste. Gold or silver is just the first decision you have to make. The following is a description of some of the most popular chain styles:
- Snake bracelet chains are made up of rings that fit together closely to form around, thick chain.
- Mesh bracelet chains are typified by flexible links that are suited to considerable wear and tear.
- Bead chains are made by stringing metal balls along a wire.
- Wheat chains alternate between twisted and oval links to create a distinctive appearance.
- Rope chains are chains where links are linked in a twisted pattern by twisting multiple strands of metal around each other to resemble a braid.
- Box bracelet chains have a smooth texture that is created by the use of square links rather than rounded links, giving the chain a boxy appearance. Thinner versions of box chains are popular for women’s jewelry and often paired up with pendants.
- Figaro chains are designed with several small round links interspersed with one long oval link. This style of chain originated in Italy, and Figaro chains are frequently used for men’s jewelry.
- Mariner chains are similar to Figaro chains, but they alternate a single, small, round link with a larger oval link. They resemble the chains attached to an anchor on boats, hence its name. This style of chain is popular for id bracelets, any jewelry with nautical themes, and unisex style jewelry.
4. Know the Wrist Size
- If you are buying a bracelet for others, you need to keep in mind that in addition to choosing a charm bracelet that fits the budget and the wearer’s preferences, it must also fit around his/her wrist. Most traditional and European bracelets are approximately 16 to 23 centimeters long but some Pandora bracelets can be wrapped around the wrist two or more times.
- If you are purchasing for a little girl, you should know if she will want to wear it in the future and allow for growing room. Italian charm bracelets usually come in standard sizes because they typically have eighteen links in them.
- Cartier Bracelets are the highest indulgence, their delicate and simple designs allow for every unique individual to fall in love with them.
Most popular bracelet styles today:
- Gemstone bracelets offer variety and often a splash of color. The variety of gemstones available ranges from amethyst to diamonds and all the colors of the rainbow in between with prices to match. There are bound to be bracelets in this category for any budget. Settings may include a single stone or maybe a link-style bracelet of stones such as a tennis bracelet.
- Beaded bracelets may be as simple as designs from childhood or intricate one-of-a-kind designs found at art studios. Increasingly popular one-of-a-kind beads found in high-end jewelry today are dichroic glass beads. These beads are created with a thin film of metal fused to the surface of the glass – a method originally developed by NASA for the space program.
- Bangles are made from a variety of materials including metal, stone, wood, glass, and plastic. These are available as simple bands or embedded with stones and gems of varying value including diamonds. Wooden ones are often painted so that there are a variety of colors available in traditional materials as well as plastic options.
- Chanel bangle bracelets offer a chance to include a personalized touch to almost any bracelet. Most commonly found as dangle charms on chain-style bracelets these charms can range from a simple stone or engraved shape to an array of stones such as the birthstone bracelets common as gifts for mothers with a stone for each child’s birthday.