The Canon TS5120 printer provides scanning, fax, duplex printing as well as wireless connectivity to print even via mobiles and tablets easily. However, users are still not aware of how to connect the Canon TS5120 to Computer?
Connecting the Canon TS5120 to the computer is not as easy as it sounds. There are some requirements that must be met, drivers that need to be downloaded/installed and wireless setup of the Printer.
In case you’re facing an issue in connecting the Canon TS5120 to your computer then be with us. Today, we’ll explore the appropriate and safe methods to connect the TS5120 to a computer. So let’s begin with the system requirement for the TS5120 printer.
OS Compatibility For Canon TS5120 Printer
Connecting the Canon TS5120 printer to the computer requires its drivers and in order to acquire them, users must verify their OS from the below listed OS.
Verifying your OS helps in an error-free download/installation of the driver via Ij.start.cannon or CD.
- Windows 7/8/8.1 (32, 64-bit)
- Win – Vista/10/ (32, 64-bit)
- Windows XP, 2000, 2003 (32, 64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.10.5 to v10.12 (Sierra)
- Linux (32, 64-bit).
How To Do Wireless Setup Of Your Canon TS5120 Printer?
To use the Canon TS5120 printer wirelessly on your computer, it is very crucial to perform the wireless setup of your TS5120 printer.
Thereafter, you can visit the ij.start.cannon and download the drivers for your printer which we’ll explain after completing the wireless setup. Follow these:
- At first, switch your printer “On” and hit the button “Home” on the printer’s panel.
- Use the navigation buttons to click the “Wireless” icon.
- Then, press “Ok”.
- Now, visit “LAN Settings” and further tap on “W LAN”.
- Thereafter, tap “Wireless LAN-Setup” for “Easy Wireless-Connect”.
- Afterwards, hit “Yes” followed by “Ok”.
Finally, the next step is to download and install the driver of your Canon TS5120 Printer.
Download And Installation Methods For Canon TS5120 Printer Driver
There are two methods that are used widely for downloading the Canon TS5120 Printer Driver and they are discussed below along with the proper installation steps.
Method 1: Through Website
This method of downloading the canon ts5120 driver requires a steady internet connection. After that, follow:
- Visit ij.start.cannon on the browser.
- Thereafter, input “TS5120” and press “Enter”.
- Now, look on the upper-right side of your screen and ensure if “Windows” is mentioned.
- Next, tap “Download” and browse the destination path.
- After that, the driver will be downloaded.
- Now, visit the folder in which the downloaded file is stored and launch it.
- Thereafter, an installation screen will prompt on your screen.
- Hit “Start Setup”.
- Then, carefully select your region/country followed by “Next”.
- Now, thoroughly read the conditions and agreement and choose “Yes”.
- Afterwards, select “Next” and opt for the USB connection methods.
Note: Make sure to connect your printer with the computer by using the USB cable appropriately.
- Finally, select WiFi or USB accordingly and ensure to take a test print.
Method 2: Through CD
Downloading the Canon ts5120 Driver via CD is very convenient at events when there is no internet connection. Just ensure if the CD ROM of your computer is working properly and thereafter, follow:
- Firstly, take out the Canon TS5210 installation Disk from your printer’s box.
- Next, insert the CD into the CD ROM of your computer.
- Thereafter, launch “This PC”.
- Visit “CD: Drive”.
- Next, locate and select the “Setup” file.
- Now, you can either move these files to the desktop or launch them directly.
- Afterwards, the installation process remains the same as discussed earlier.
Canon TS5120 Printer Driver For Mac
There is a difference in the process of TS5120 driver download for MAC when compared to Windows. Check out the corresponding steps to download the driver for MAC OS following:
- At first, open any web browser on your MAC.
- Ensure that you’re connected to a working internet.
- Thereafter, visit ij.start.cannon website.
- Now, input “TS512” for the Printer’s model.
- Afterwards, hit “Enter”.
- Now, remember to select the “OS” as “MAC” appearing on the right side of the display.
- Thereafter, hit “Download” and hover to the download folder.
- Locate the TS5120 setup and launch it.
- Afterwards, tap “Next” when the installation screen appears.
- Now, provide the credentials followed by clicking on “Install Helper”.
- Thereafter, follow the given directions of the TS5120 installation wizard.
- In the end, print a test page to diagnose any unwanted error.
We hope that following all the above-listed methods will help you connect the Canon TS5120 printer to your computer. The requirements for the Canon TS5120 drivers instructed here are deeply researched by our team.
Furthermore, the listed methods are tested by experts and proven to help connect the Canon TS5120 to the computer.