Summary: If you are trying to create vCard from Outlook contacts, you must be a little confused since Outlook does not provide any direct method to do it. Here in this blog, we will explain the best methods that will help you to create vCard/VCF files.
MS Outlook is a popular email exchanging platform providing outstanding features. It provides advanced features that can store calendars, contacts, notes, emails, etc. If you are trying to create vCard from Outlook contacts, you must be knowing by now that Outlook does not support exporting VCF. It only exports the contact list in either PST or CSV file format. From then on, you will have to convert them to VCF/vCard.
There arise situations when due to some reason your Outlook contact file lying on your system goes corrupt. Considering all these circumstances, we will provide the most flexible solutions. So, keep reading this blog to get your answers.
How to Create vCard from Outlook Contacts?
As already mentioned, there is no direct way to export Outlook address book to VCF. Also, in case you do not have Outlook installed but have its PST contact file on your system that went corrupt, what do you do? Now, if you choose to create vCard out of it using the manual way, that cannot happen. MS Outlook may or may accept this file. Therefore, to create vCard from all types of contact files, you must use PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. Below are some benefits of this tool mentioned:
- Create vCard from Outlook contacts in bulk.
- Converts corrupt, orphan, password-protected contact files.
- It matches the custom fields automatically.
- Preserves the folder hierarchy and data integrity.
- Creates vCard files of all versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4,0.
- Compatible with all MS Outlook versions: 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
- Exports all contact attributes and fields of contacts.
Steps to Create vCard from Outlook Contacts
- Download and install PCVITA Outlook to vCard converter tool. Click on ‘Add File’ or ‘Folder’ to add them to the software.
- The software will now scan the contacts before it adds them.
- Now, you can preview all these contacts along with their details.
- Finally, click on the vCard export option. Click on Advanced Settings and choose the vCard version (2.1, 3.0, 4.0) and choose to create single or multiple VCF files for each contact. Then, search for a location to save and click on the ‘Export‘ button.
Manually Create vCard from Outlook Contacts
- Open Outlook application and click on File.
- Move to the Contacts folder & choose the contacts you want.
- Click on Home > Forward Contact & select ‘As a Business Card’.
- After the message window pops up, right-click on the contacts.
- Choose ‘Select All’ and copy them all.
- Navigate to a local folder and paste them.
Limitations of the Manual Method
The manual method does not provide the flexibility to create vCard from Outlook contacts of just any version. This puts limitations on the platforms you can use this vCard on. Also, if you have a PST file that is either damaged or orphaned, you cannot use the manual procedure to deal with them.
Related: Import vCard Contacts to Outlook
In this blog, we explained the most effective ways to create vCard from Outlook contacts. It explains a manual method and an automatic solution to the same problem. The tool we recommend here provides a free version to help you with the process. It guarantees perfect and accurate results.