There was a time when there was no television and the internet. People use radios as the only source of information and entertainment. They listen to either news or cricket commentary while holding a small box with in-built speakers next to the ears. But as technology diversified and it has changed the mode of entertainment. From a radio box, it switches to online and then to mobile applications.
Nowadays, such mobile radio applications are a new and perfect source of entertainment. And one of the popular applications among them is TuneIn. It is one of the leading apps in the American market that offers audio streaming services delivering live news, radio, sports, music, and podcasts. TuneIn has a high demand in the market, and it inspires many companies to build a similar app like it.
Today, in this blog, we have a detailed description of TuneIn, which includes its market, benefits, current trends, features, and many more. Moreover, we also discuss how to develop an app like TuneIn?
So, Let’s get started. But first, let’s talk about the famous radio application TuneIn.
What is TuneIn?
TuneIn is a California-based radio application that brings together live sports, music, news, podcasts, and AM & FM radio worldwide. It is known for providing the best relevant content to the user. The app comes with both a freemium and subscription model. With the subscription feature, the user gets access to varieties of audiobooks, streaming options, and ad-free services. The user base of this application is vast in size.
TuneIn broadcasts nearly 100K global and local radio stations and provides the availability to mostly all platforms. On average, it hits almost 50 million active users monthly.
But what it takes to build an application like TuneIn. What are the features that you must need include in your app?
Must-Have Features: –
Features are something that you cannot ignore. It plays a vital role in keeping you ahead with competitors. It can make or break your app market in seconds. So, here we’ve listed some top features which you can include in your application.
- Music Search – Music on demand is the most popular option for the user. Every user loves to listen to their favorite music once a day. They prefer to keep them in their prior lists; hence don’t ignore this feature. Add this feature to your app to quickly access their favorite music anytime according to their mood. You can also add some advanced features in your application, such as:
- Users should be able to apply filters while searching for their preferred movies like adding genre, artist, album, year of release, etc.
- You can also add some small clips of music.
- AutoStart – With some algorithms, add a feature in your application that chooses the next track based on current artist, genre, and previous watch & search history. You can also add other elements like recently played tabs and many more.
- Feed & Community – Community tab may increase user engagement. Here users can perform actions such as- like, share, comment, give ratings, review a song, and many more. If you wantyou can add advanced features like:
- Social sharing – It allows users to share music on their preferred social media handles.
- Events – It keeps users updated by providing hot news and events of the music industry.
- Playlist – It allows the user to create their custom playlist to add music as per their interest.
- Analytics – Add an analytics feature in your application that collects user’s activities to provide the best experience to them.
- Offline Mode – This feature allows the user to download their favorite song offline so that he/she can play music with a cellular connection.
Factors that must be considered before jumping into the developing phase-
- Licensing – This is the most crucial aspect of your radio application. Getting up a music license for a radio application is not an easy task. It is one of the robust and expensive processes. Ensure that you have a proper understanding of rules and guidelines, geographical region because it’s associated with the geography of a particular area. It would be best if you consider this before purchasing a license.
- Database – Using the best database is essential for the smooth flow of music. You can go for cloud storage, or you can choose AWS services.
- Design – The moment a user opens up any application, they first see design and elements rather than its services. A better user interface may lead to an increase in user interests and engagement. You need to hire professionals to win in this game because these kinds of applications require highly intuitive designs.
Benefits of an app like TuneIn: –
- A promotional tool.
- Best revenue opportunity.
- It offers On-demand music.
- Better than web applications.
How to develop an application like TuneIn?
There is no predefined way of developing an application. It requires time, skills, the right team of developers, and most importantly, budget. There are some ways to build an app like:
- By Yourself – It is one of the most accessible options which you can go for. But developing an application like TuneIn is not an easy task. Coding and other technical skills are required to create an app. So, having the proper knowledge is essential.
- Freelancers – You can hire a freelancer for the development process. It takes payment on a per-hour basis. There are several websites where you can hire a freelancer, such as:
- Development firm – Hire a team of professional app developers and give your dream to them. It is one of the best choices as they have hands-on experience in developing such kinds of applications. Moreover, they assist you in creating the best app at affordable prices.
Final Sayings: –
The market and demand for online music are increasing rapidly. We hope that you will get an idea of what it takes to build an application with the help of this blog. So go for the right app development firm for your music application development project.