QuickBooks is great accounting software that features are just unmatchable. This versatile software is designed by Intuit to maintain the accounting and bookkeeping activities of every small and mid-sized enterprise worldwide. Nowadays Quickbooks has become the most demanding platform for maintaining business books along with analyzing the growth of the business. But the software being software, it’s stopped sometimes while working on it and you will face some interruptions. These interruptions are known as QB errors that hindered the ongoing workflow. Some of the QB errors arrive when the installation of software is on its way. These QB errors are known as Quickbooks Installation Error.
In this post, we will discuss the Quickbooks installation Error entirely along with its causes and solutions too. So let’s hop to the paragraph where all the pieces of information are explained.
What is QuickBooks Installation Error?
QuickBooks Installation Error is a common error that occurs when a user tries to install Quickbooks for Windows or Mac. The interruption of the installation procedure harms the software, it might appear partially or broken on your system. This error has more than one reason that is explained in the next paragraph.
Factors that cause QuickBooks Installation Error
The below-listed pointers are the reasons behind the emergence of QuickBooks Installation Error.
- If the opening path of the particular file is wrong.
- If the extension, file names, or data are corrupted due to improper use.
- When the users are using an incorrect version of QuickBooks to open files, programs, folder, or encrypted files
- Opening QuickBooks multiple times by double-clicking on it would prevent company file from opening
- Problem with the reports and other windows within the file
How To Resolve QuickBooks Installation Error?
These are the solutions that help the users to erase the Quickbooks installation error.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- Open the Window taskbar right-click on it and then choose the start task manager option
- Select the Processes
- Hit the Image Name header to sort it out in alphabetical order.
- Find it and select EXE
- Finally, hit the End Process
Solution 2: Restart Your System
- Restarting your system will bring the computer up from scratch that might swipe away the current state of the software.
- Now try to open the QB Desktop, hopefully, it will reset the incorrect settings of your computer.
Solution 3: Perform Clean Installation of QuickBooks
- To perform this process, you are required to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool on the system from the official site of Intuit.
- Now save the setup file and then follow the on-screen instruction to install the tool on the system.
- And then accept the license agreement page at last.
- Now hit the I Accept option and then choose the version of Quickbooks you want to install
- Click on the continue option and then hit the Ok button
- And then wait for the installation to get done.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is an application that assists the user to erase any kind of installation error. Follow the below steps to use the tool
- First, download QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool from the official site of Intuit
- Follow the on-screen instruction and then accept the license agreement page
- Now open the tool, and start the scanning process to determine the error
- Once done with the scan, restart the system
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup
- To initiate the process, first of all, uninstall the Quickbooks application from the system
- Now restart your system in selective Startup mode, to do so:
- Press the Window + R key together to open the Run Window
- Now type MSConfig in the search field and then hit ok
- Inside the configuration window, go to the General tab and then select the Load System service
- Move to the service tab and then select the Hide All Microsoft Services
- Choose the disable all option
- Now uncheck the Hide All Microsoft Services CheckBox
- You have to ensure that the Window installer checkbox I checked is within the list of services.
- Hit the Ok button
- At last, select the restart option within the system configuration window.
- Once the system gets restarted, install the QuickBooks application from the official site.
- Now switch back to normal startup mode.
- Press the Windows R key together to open Run Window
- Type MSConfig in the search field within the Run window and hit the ok button
- In the general tab, select the Normal Startup option
- Tap on Ok
- Select the Restart button within the System Configuration window.
Regarding the methods I hope, the QuickBooks installation error gets resolved with the help of this troubleshooting guide. The above-written methods are easy and simple to apply for any user even for non-technical persons.
In case, if you are unable to resolve the error from the system then you should contact the Quickbooks customer support experts. They will give you precise advice according to the issues and assist you to fix this without any further problems. They are 24X7 available to assist you in resolving the error. You can call them on a toll-free number from anywhere in the world, they serve worldwide.