A sturdy dining table set four-seater is a part of most Indian households. These tables not only look very classy but are also very efficient in holding up to 3-4 members. Wood is the most commonly used material for dining tables as it is durable, looks sophisticated, and has a lot of other benefits too.
While owning a wooden 4 seater dining table set is everyone’s dream, taking care of it properly is also necessary. If you do not clean it regularly, dust will pile up and that would ultimately mess with the finish of your table. Here are some tips on making your four-seater dining table set to shine all year round:
There are certain things that you must do on an everyday basis to keep your four-seater dining table set neat and clean. Here are they:
- Make it a habit to dust the table every day. It may sound like a menial task, but if dust starts to build upon the table, it will end up scratching the wooden surface. Using a microfiber towel is a good option for gently buffing the 4 seater dining set.
- Avoid using commercial dusting sprays as they have silicone in them, which can damage your table in the long run. Stick to dusting on a daily basis.
- Every day, after eating, make sure to wipe the table and pick up all the crumbs of food that have fallen on the table. If you let the crumbs stay there for longer, it can leave a stain or scratch on the four-seater dining table set.
- Be careful of your metal jewelry, rings, and watches while sitting at your table. If they keep coming in contact with the table, you may find scratches on it soon. For the same reason, avoid sliding pots and plates across your table. Lift them up to pass them around.
- Do not forget to use a tablecloth on your4 seater wooden dining table set. It will extend its life and keep things cleaner. For added benefits, you can also use table mats and coasters under your plates while eating. These help in preventing oil stains, heat damage as well as condensation marks.
If your 4 seaters wooden dining table set is getting very old and you can see the signs of aging, getting it refinished might be a good option. This would breathe new life to your table. Let’s see some other ways in which you can take care of it for the long run:
- Once in a while, use soapy water and a soft cloth to wipe the table clean. This would make it shine like a new table and it will smell good too.
- If you use just one side of the table or just one-half of it gets sunlight, you should flip the table so that it can age evenly.
- If the tabletop is made of glass (Glass Top Dining Table Set), take a mug of water mixed with ammonia for an all-natural cleaner. Use it to clean your table properly. You can do this once every two weeks.
- Using table mats and pads as one protective layer is always a good idea.
- Do not forget to read all the instructions mentioned in the manual that the table manufacturer provides. You can also check out their ‘furniture care’ section on their website to know the do and don’ts more deeply.
Taking care of your four-seater dining set is not a very difficult task. You just have to be cautious of your jewelry, hot plates, and other items that have the potential to scratch your table. While you are looking for 4 seater dining table set online, make sure you do not compromise with the quality. Always go for good wood such as Sheesham or mango as they are durable, look amazing, and last for years to come.