QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when you try to access a company file located in multi-user mode. You’re likely to see this error when some basic configuration is missing in the QuickBooks company file. There are a ton of issues that are similar to this error, and hence, you need to be careful when fixing this error. This blog will teach you the necessary steps you can take to resolve this error once and for all.
To fix this error professionally, get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Reasons For QuickBooks Desktop Error Code H505
To fix this error efficiently, you should know the exact cause of an error. This section will try to simplify the causes for you so that you can diagnose the correct reason for your error. Go through the points stated below:
- Wrong hosting settings.
- The folder consisting of the company file in QuickBooks is damaged.
- Damaged Network Data File(.ND).
- Hosting Mode is not enabled on your server.
With the reasons understood, you can now go to the following section that’ll cover the solutions involved.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
With multiple reasons, numerous solutions can be used to fix this error. You have to look for that solution that’ll fix the reason for your error. Once that is done, your error should get resolved in no time. Go through the measures given below:
Procedure 1: Set Firewall To Allow Exceptions
Executing the necessary changes to your firewall can do wonders for this error. Go through the steps given below:
- Click on Start and move to the Control Panel.
- Open the Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Now, choose Allow A Program in the Firewall Settings, where you should see Add Program.
- Add your QuickBooks version to the list. Finally, save the changes.
- Restart your system.
If these measures don’t fix your error, attempt the following method given below.
Procedure 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the server system can resolve your error quickly. Execute the measures given below:
- Click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon. Now, choose Network Issues.
- After this, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click on Start Scan if the company folder is visible.
- After this, click on Browse to find the folder. Hit on Start Scan.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager should now start the scan and repair the firewall permissions.
- Choose Close after the scan is done.
QuickBooks Error H505 can be quickly fixed with the steps that are explained in this blog. Make sure to execute the actions as per the reason for your error. Also, perform the steps with perfection.
If you still can’t fix this error, better get in touch with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.