Instacart is a big player in the US and Canadian markets, offering instant grocery ordering and delivery services across 5500 cities. The latest funding round of $265 million values it at more than $39 billion. The platform has more than 500 million products sold by 45,000 stores.
It has ambitious plans for 2021 that include increasing the total number of employees by 50%, strengthening the Instacart Marketplace where retailers will be directly connected to customers, and investing heavily in advertising to offer better growth opportunities for grocery retailers.
How the Instacart Clone can be game-changing for entrepreneurs?
The development of a comprehensive grocery delivery platform from scratch involves spending huge investment by the entrepreneur. Hence, it is best to opt for a ready-made grocery ordering and delivery app in the form of the Instacart clone. This helps ambitious entrepreneurs to dominate the fast-growing online retail industry by quickly launching the solution in the market.
What is the meaning of the Instacart Clone App?
- It is a ready-to-use and customized online grocery delivery solution that can be used 24×7.
- The Instacart clone app includes well-functioning Android, iOS apps, and web panels for the users, delivery executives, retail grocery partners, a billing system, a dispatch panel, and a robust admin dashboard.
- The customers can opt for contactless door delivery or curbside pickup of their grocery orders from selected retail stores.
- Users can order seafood, fruits, vegetables, bakery products, dairy products, beauty care items, alcohol, beverages, frozen food, and office supplies at affordable rates.
- The highlights of the Instacart clone solution are: it has a friendly user interface, is cross-platform compatible, fully white-label, can be seamlessly integrated with third-party APIs, and can be launched quickly, enabling a competitive edge for the entrepreneur in the market.
- It has numerous sources of revenue, such as commission paid by retail stores, delivery fees, membership plans, and advertisement fees.
The various benefits that can be leveraged from the Instacart Clone are
- Flexible delivery charges – Instacart charges delivery fees of $3.99 for same-day order fulfillment valued at more than $35. The charges vary for 1-hour or 2-hour deliveries and orders under the value of $35. The entrepreneur can opt to levy the above-mentioned delivery charge or change it according to the business requirements.
- Availability of the exclusive Instacart Express membership – It is available either monthly ($9.99) or yearly ($99). The various benefits of the Instacart Express membership include free home delivery of groceries on all orders above $35, no pick-up charges for curbside order pickup, and cheaper product prices. The users can cancel or renew their membership anytime according to their convenience and frequency of shopping.
- Provision of 24×7 technical support – Dedicated round-the-clock customer support is rendered by a knowledgeable team. The shoppers can sort out issues like refunds, exchange of ordered goods, product replacement, damaged goods, and late delivery quickly by getting in touch with the Help Center.
- Presence of numerous safety measures – The delivery executives always wear face masks and gloves while handling the groceries. The customers who order alcohol, medicines, and other high-value goods will be asked to show their government-issued ID cards during delivery.
- Gift cards – Existing users of the Instacart clone can share gift cards with their friends and family members. The Instacart gift cards can be utilized for grocery ordering from local retail stores. The gift cards never expire and corporate companies can also purchase Instacart gift cards in bulk for giving to their employees.
- Instacart Advertisements posting facility – This benefits grocery retailers to attract more customers easily. They get more clicks for their products, faster checkouts by shoppers, and an overall boost in total sales. The other advantages include payment for ads only when there is user engagement and sharing of insights to enhance the overall performance of the marketing campaigns on the Instacart clone app.
- Instacart Retailer partner program – Small grocery retailers can enhance their brand value by getting their products listed on a well-known app like Instacart. Experts will share the best tactics on Consumer Packaged Marketing (CPG). The retailers can boost their business prospects through aggressive marketing on the leading social media platforms, online forums, posting blogs, and utilizing the services of popular influencers.
- Acceptance of multiple payment methods – The Instacart grocery platform accepts payments through debit cards, credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, net banking, wire transfers, Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT), and UnionPay.
- Other features – The other common features of an app like Instacart are the real-time tracking orders via GPS integration, access to previous order history for the customers, instant sharing of notifications, a rating and review system, and the availability of plenty of discounts and offers.
The step-by-step procedure to utilize the Instacart clone is
- The users have to register on the Instacart clone platform – by submitting the required information like email address, phone number, debit card/credit card or bank account details, and location.
- The customers can view the list of products – listed and prices offered by the various grocery stores on the platform.
- They will add the desired grocery items – to their order cart.
- The users can make the payment – for their grocery order online itself.
- Once the groceries are ready for delivery – the delivery executive will pick-up the order from the concerned retail store.
- The customers will receive their ordered goods – from the delivery personnel.
- They can rate the quality of the groceries – on a scale of 1-5. The users can also share their feedback about the professionalism and behaviour of the delivery executive in the integrated review system.
The detailed process to create an app like Instacart is
- Determining the business requirements of the firm beforehand.
- Analyzing the existing market conditions and the strategies followed by the other competitors.
- Creating a prototype and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) of the online grocery delivery app.
- Adding all the necessary features and functionality to the grocery ordering solution.
- Displaying the name of the brand by adding the logo and colour theme.
- Showcasing products sold by different retailers.
- Carrying out extensive testing of the app like Instacart to remove technical bugs and vulnerabilities.
- Launching the grocery ordering app officially in the market at the most appropriate time.
- Rendering maintenance services, bug-fixing assistance, technical support, and the issue of new software upgrades post-launch of the Instacart clone.
Despite heavy competition in the American market from the likes of GoPuff, Walmart, Amazon Fresh, and FreshDirect, Instacart has continued to grow strongly by adapting effectively to changes and offering more innovative grocery ordering options to its customers. Get the feature-packed app like Instacart now and become a giant in the online grocery delivery industry soon.