QuickBooks error 12031 happens while updating QuickBooks or updating QuickBooks payroll service. This error happens due to the network timeout that restricts QuickBooks from accessing the server. Additionally, you’ll encounter this error due to the firewall or other security issues.
Error 12031 QuickBooks may be a common error that needs an instantaneous and proper solution. We’ll discuss everything about this error during this article and the highest recommended solutions for it.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12031?
The QuickBooks Update Error 12031 usually comes when the QuickBooks users try to refresh the QB software or refresh the QB payroll services. This frustrating and terrible QuickBooks error was caused when the network timeout, put the QuickBooks users in trouble while running the QB software.
QuickBooks Error 12031 commonly comes while the firewall & other system security applications are highlighted in difficulty because of incorrect or improper configuration.
Important Note: it’s highly suggested that being a QuickBooks user – you are first required to confirm the configuration of the PC and firewall. Just in case, the configuration is obstructing the entrance or identifying the QuickBooks as a warning to the pc. The QB users are alleged to reconfigure it as soon as possible.
Causes Behind to QuickBooks Error 12031
Check out the list of causes because of which QuickBooks Update Error 12031 occurs.
- Internet Connectivity Problem.
- When the web Explorer isn’t set as the default browser.
- The antivirus (security software) & firewall setting is obstructing the way of connection because of the incorrect/improper configuration.
- The SSL setting is improper or incorrect.
Solution for QuickBooks Error Code 12031
Check out the list of methods with which you’ll easily fix the QuickBooks error code 12031.
- First of all, you require hitting a click on the assistance tab
- Then Select the web Connection Setup.
- Now Choose the “Use my PC’s net connection settings to determine a link when this application reaches the Internet”.
- Select the “Next” then, “Done” button
- Try the update process again:
- QuickBooks 2008 & later: move to “Help” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- QuickBooks 2006 & earlier: move to “File” => “Update QuickBooks” => “Update Now”.
- Select the “Update Now” tab
- Pick the “Reset Update” Later; choose the “Get Updates” tab.
- Probably, the QB program still not works. In this case, you only need to simply check the subsequent elements:
- Internet connection & troubleshooting instruction for payroll errors.
- Internet security & firewall setting.
- In the QB, open the net connection Setup” option
- Choose the “Internet Properties”.
- Choose the “Advanced” tab within the drop-down option of Internet properties.
- Make sure that the advanced setting is that the same as you wish.
- Finally, hit the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
- Close or close the QuickBooks application.
- Choose the web Explorer browser.
- Select the “Tools” then, choose the “Internet Options”.
- Choose the Security tab then click on the Globe icon and then click on the Content” tab
- If the content advisor says “Disable“, then type within the password & disable “content advisor“.
- Perform the subsequent steps by choosing the “Connections” tab:
- While not utilizing the dial-up-node (DUN) on the computer – it’s suggested for you to choose on the “Never Dial a Connection option” tab.
- Ensure that the right “ISP” is chosen.
- Click the “OK” button.
- Choose the “LAN SETTINGS” tab at the end.
- Make sure that the “automatically identify setting” box is checked.
- Make sure that the “Use a Proxy Server” box is clean.
- Click “OK” on the “LAN settings display“
- Select the “Advanced” tab
- Choose the “Restore Advanced Settings”
- In the “Settings” option, locate the “Use TLS 1.0”, “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” option
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.0” is checked.
- Ensure that the “Use TLS 1.1” & “Use TLS 1.2” is unchecked.
- Close or close the web Options window then, select the “OK” tab
- Close the web Explorer & Restart the pc.
- Hit the QuickBooks software icon on the desktop and switch it on. Once more try and update the QB to verify if the error persists or not.
Thanks for reading this blog. It’s comprehensive and elaborate at every step. Hopefully, one among the solutions has already solved your problem, and QuickBooks error 12031 isn’t there anymore. If you’ll not follow any steps within the above-provided solutions and want further information, then directly seek technical assistance.