QuickBooks Error 6123 can occur without any prior notice or signs. The error can take you by surprise and can happen when you restore the backup of the company file. This error can interrupt QuickBooks company file operations. If you take the proper steps to fix the cause of this error, you can fix this error in no time. Hence, make sure to read this blog carefully that contains the data necessary to resolve this error.
Make sure to always connect with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require professional support or immediate assistance.
Causes Of QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 0
There are a host of reasons that can convincingly trigger this error. You have to be careful when diagnosing the cause of your error. Not being so can result in ineffective measures that won’t fix your error. To avoid this, go through the points given below:
- You can face error 6123 when you use an online storage device like Dropbox for restoring the backup.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not running on Windows.
- Destroyed QuickBooks company file can trigger error 6123.
- You are using an outdated QuickBooks application.
With the reasons known, you can now move to the following section that’ll cover the methods you can execute to fix this error.
You May Also Read – QuickBooks Error H202
Methods To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0
There’s no best answer or solution that can magically fix this error. You must figure out the reason for your error and act accordingly. Doing so will help you find a practical solution that’ll resolve your error quickly. Now, go through the measures stated below.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks
Updating QuickBooks by turning on automatic updates can do wonders with this error. Go through the steps stated below:
- Open QuickBooks and in the Help tab, click on Update QuickBooks.
- Now, click on the Options tab. Choose Yes for both the Automatic Updates and Shared Downloads option.
- Hit the Close option.
- This should turn on automatic updates. Whenever a new update is ready, QuickBooks will download it automatically.
If these steps don’t resolve your error, you can move to the next steps given below.
Method 2: Restore The Backup
Restoring the backup from local storage can resolve this error effectively. Now, go through the measures given below:
- Move to the QuickBooks backup file folder located inside the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Search for the file with the .qbb extension having the same name as your company file.
- You can now copy the backup file to the local storage on your system.
- Open QuickBooks and restore the company file moved to the local storage.
QuickBooks Error 6123 can get fixed with the measures that are explained in this blog. Make sure to implement solutions that can truly resolve the reason for your error. You might have to try one or a combination of steps. Lastly, implement the solutions with perfection.
You can always get connected with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require exceptional tech support or personalized assistance to fix this or any of the QuickBooks errors.