Accessing the settings of your router may seem daunting and technical, but logging in to your router’s configuration panel is a simple process. We’ll walk you through and discuss each step so you can switch up your network settings, change Wi-Fi passwords, and update your firmware in very little time.
Here are the three basic steps for logging into your Netgear Nighthawk router:
1. First of all, connect to your router
2. Find the IP address of your router.
3. Log in to the web-based configuration page using a web browser.
Pro tip: – If you are facing any logging issue into your router, then follow some troubleshoot steps in our previous article. If you have any issue related to slow internet, check out your cable connection for improving your internet speeds. Also, analyze your speeds with the help of an internet speed test to keep track of all internet related activities.
1. Connect to your Netgear Nighthawk router
there are two main ways that you may use to connect to your router. Either use the WIFI network of your router or connect to the router directly with an Ethernet cable. In case, you are accessing your home internet, congratulations. You’re already connected to your nighthawk-app.com network.
2. Get the Netgear Nighthawk router’s default IP address
Getting your Netgear Nighthawk router’s default IP address is the most technical step in this whole process. It can still be very easy though. Keep in mind, that your router’s default IP address might not be the same as the IP address you receive when you Google and search “what is my IP address?” The router that you are using in your home run on two IP addresses—on the LAN IP address which is the default Netgear Nighthawk IP address and the other is a WAN IP address that a public IP address. Don’t worry about the latter process.
- There are some different ways that you can use to explore your router’s default IP address, depending on what type of device or the mode you use.
- It might be faster if you know the manufacturer and model of your Netgear Nighthawk router. It is easy to search for “[router model] default IP” in a search engine or on the Netgear support site. You will surely get the best result.
- Moreover, the steps we outline in the below section are more likely to get you to the right answer.
Pro tip: –
If you are using a network management app, like Netgear Genie, Netgear Nighthawk, etc. you will probably find the default IP address of your router there along with the rest of the information.
Find our Netgear Nighthawk Login IP on a Window computer
- Click on the Windows logo in the bottom right corner of your display or just hit the Windows key.
- Search ‘Command Prompt’ in your desktop app.
- When you get the command prompt, type “ipconfig” and press Enter key. This will provide you with all information that you require. Now, don’t worry at all about most of it.
- Find the Default Gateway and write it down. That’s the default IP address of the Netgear Nighthawk Login page.
Finding Netgear Nighthawk Login IP address on Mac
- For the Mac computer that you are using, click on its logo (Apple logo0. It is available in the upper left corner of your screen. Select and click System Preferences and then select the Network option.
- Always select the network that you are connected to. These options are given on the left side of your device screen. After that, click on the advanced key present near the bottom right corner.
- Select and click TCP/IP from the options on the top of the box.
- The IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk router is listed under IPv4 address.
- Take a Screenshot of the TCP/IP settings on your Mac Book having the router’s default gateway circled.
Find your router’s IP address on an Android gadget.
- Navigate to the Settings of your mobile device.
- Select and click the Network & Internet option.
- Find the Wi-Fi option and tap on the Wi-Fi network you’re using.
- Next, you should hit the advanced key.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk router’s default IP address exists under Gateway.
Finding your Netgear Nighthawk router IP address on an iPhone
- In your iPhone, Tap on Settings and select Wi-Fi.
- Find and get your Wi-Fi network.
- Your router’s default IP address is given under the Router’s WIFI network name.
Netgear Nighthawk login using a web browser
Now, when you have received your IP address, go to the web browser of your devices, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Type or paste the IP address into the Addy to navigate directly to your Netgear Nighthawk router login page. If the received IP address does not take you to the panel, enter the web link www.nighthawk-app.com
If it’s your first login, you’ll need to have your router’s default login credentials in hand. These can be found on the label of your router or user manual. You can even Google it.
Note down the Netgear Nighthawk default login credentials from the below;
- The User name is: admin
- Password is: password itself
Several routers use these details as their default login username and password. So, it is worth a go if you don’t have your www.nighthawk-app.com info. Remember to change it to something unique and strong that somebody could rarely judge.