Error H303 in QuickBooks comes up with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The QuickBooks company file error H303 usually occurs when the user tries to open the QuickBooks company file in multi-user mode. QuickBooks error code H303 indicates something is blocking the multi-user connection to the server. Damage or corruption in the .ND and .TLG configuration files can also lead to the error. Continue reading the article to get detailed information on QuickBooks desktop error H303, its causes and solutions.
If you are getting QuickBooks error H303 and want an instant solution to tackle it, then call us on our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430) and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
What are the factors responsible for QuickBooks error H303?
Knowing the causes behind the error helps you to choose the most appropriate solution to fix the error. Have a look at some of them listed below:
- The Windows Firewall is blocking the connection between QuickBooks and the server.
- QuickBooks services are not running on the computer.
- Inappropriate hosting configuration settings.
- There is some damage or corruption in the company file.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below.
Possible Quick Fixes for QuickBooks error H303
Following are some simple troubleshooting methods to get rid of the error:
Method 1. Start QuickBooks services on the server computer
- On your server computer, select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Run” into the search box and open Run.
- Within the Run window, type “services.msc” and then press Enter.
- Search and double-click QuickBooksDBXXon the list, where XX denotes your QuickBooks version.
- Choose Automaticfor the Startup Type.
- Ensure the Service status is either Running or Started. If it’s neither Running nor Started, choose Start.
- Move to the Recovery tab.
- Under the First failure, second failure and subsequent failure drop-down menu, choose Restart the service option.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Follow the same steps to check the QBCF monitor service.
If the method given above didn’t work, try the next method.
Method 2. Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
Disable host multi-user access using the steps given below:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option. If you didn’t see the option, go to another workstation, this workstation is not causing the problem.
- Now, move to the server computer.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Open QuickBooks again.
If the error continues, proceed to the next method.
Method 3. Shift company file to the desktop
If the problem is due to the company file location, changing it can help resolve the error. Follow these steps to change the company file location:
- Move to the server computer.
- Create a new folder.
- Set up permissions to share the company file.
- Copy the QuickBooks company file and paste it to the new folder you created.
- Open QuickBooks and open the company file from the new folder.
If you still get the same error, proceed to the next method.
Method 4. Include QuickBooks to firewall exceptions
Perform these steps on each workstation getting the error:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search field and open Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Right-click Inbound Rulesand select New Rule.
- Select Portand then select Next.
- Don’t forget to select TCP.
- From the Specific local ports field, enter the specific ports needed for the QuickBooks year version you are using.
- After entering the port number, click Next.
- Mark Allow the connection option and click Next.
- Ensure all the profiles are selected.
- Next, create a new rule and name it “QBPorts(year).”
- At last, click Finish.
- Now, follow the above steps again and create Outbound Rules.
That’s all about QuickBooks error H303. We tried our best to help you resolve the error. If you face any trouble following the steps, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430).