Many people are always on the lookout for easy and fast ways when it comes to weight reduction. One of the quick ways to reduce the weight that is trending in America is consuming Adderall drugs.
The FDA initially approved Adderall to ease the symptoms of ADHD and other disorders. The weight loss due to consumption of the drug was a side effect that quickly gained recognition, and thus the usage of the drug in an unhealthy way as a diet drug began.
If you are prescribed the Adderall drug for losing weight quickly and wondering whether you should try the drug or not, this article will help you clear the confusion.
Adderall is misused for weight loss.
Both adults and children have experienced decreased appetite and weight loss after consuming the Adderall drug but as a side-effect. The FDA disapproves of Adderall for use as a weight-loss drug. It is only authorized to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy.
However, the doctors prescribe the drug to their patients “Off-Label,” which means the use of the drug has not been reviewed or accepted by the FDA for the said purpose. The drug should generally be consumed when prescribed to cure the disorders it was initially approved for. However, if your doctor has prescribed the medication for weight loss, it is essential for your doctor to monitor you and make sure that the drug will not harm you.
There are serious side effects that Adderall can cause; these side effects are a good reason not to misuse the drug to lose some weight.
- Severe Headache
- Trouble sleeping
- Mood swings
- High blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
Consumption of Adderall drugs is dangerous for people who have heart problems.
Adderall drug is addictive.
The box of the Adderall drug has the most severe warning written that the FDA provides. It states that the drug has the risk of dependence that means that the patient can get addicted to the drug mentally and psychologically. The warning also read out that the medicine can cause serious heart problems and sudden deaths. Click here to read more about Adderall weight loss medication.
Side effects of Adderall drug in children
A possible side effect of Adderall use in young people who consume the drug to treat ADHD and narcolepsy is poor weight gain and slowed growth.
If your child takes the drug and has side effects of the drug, it is advised to consult a doctor immediately.
A Guide On How To Use Advair
Take Advair precisely as it is prescribed to you by your doctor. Follow all the directions on your prescription label and read all the instruction sheets and medication guides. The medicine should be taken as directed. Find more information on how to use Advair.
- Too much use of Advair drugs can cause life-threatening side effects.
- Do not use Advair to treat sudden breathing problems. Advair is not a rescue medicine for bronchospasm or asthma attacks. Fast-acting inhalation medicine for such seizures is advised. If your asthma medication is not working and the breathing problems get escalated quickly, seek medical attention.
- Advair Diskus is a powder form of fluticasone and salmeterol that comes with a particular inhaler device preloaded with blister packs containing a measured dose of medicine.
- Advair HFA comes in a canister; the drug is used with an actuator inhaler device. You should take Advair HFA at the same time each day with the inhaler device provided with the medication.
- Before taking the Advair HFA to shake the inhaler for at least 5 seconds before each spray
- After each use of your inhaler, rinse your mouth with water without swallowing.
- Your dose needs may change due to stress, illness, surgery, or a recent asthma attack. Take the medical advice of your doctor on changing the dose of the drug.
- Keep your medicine at room temperature, away from sunlight, moisture, and sunlight. Follow all storage and disposal directions provided with your medication.
- Do not allow a child to use the medicine without the supervision of an adult.
To conclude –
Adderall is not the weight loss fix you want to opt for if you are concerned about your weight. Suppose you have wrongly prescribed the drug and are experiencing severe side effects of the drugs. Reach out to an expert lawyer who can help you get the justice you deserve.