Over the years, businesses have been attempting to make packaging innovating, effective and productive. Although there has been a great advancement of modern techniques and equipment used in packaging of products. Most of the business, especially the smaller ones, tends to used traditional packaging methods and material.
It is important to strategise how you are going to pack your products to align with the branding and provide the most expensive kind of consumer experience. This show that packaging plays an important role to attain awareness about the products and the brand.
Packaging protectives are designed to protect goods from atmosphere, fire, shock or vibration damage. They are meant to protect from all kind of damages during transit. Depending upon the type of products being packed and environmental conditions, proper selection of protective packaging is very important.
Types of Protective Packaging
Let Us Discuss in Detail About Different Types of Protective Packaging:
- Bubble Wrap: Bubble wraps are the most versatile and popular packaging protectives. The air-filled sheet provides cushioning and protection to the goods while shipping. These sheets can be cut into different big or small bubble wraps according to the size of the product being wrapped. They are generally used to cover small and medium-sized fragile products.
- Edge Boards: Edge boards or edge protectors are engineered protective packaging that helps prevent product edges in transportation. The edge protectors give strength to the product and reduce damage.
- Corrugated Wraps: Corrugated wraps are layers of durable paper glued to an un-tearable fluted layer. These are perfect for absorbing shock and are flexible than bubble wraps to protect fragile items during shipping. They are one of the best cost-effective and eco-friendly protective solutions available.
- Moulded Packaging: These are the packaging that are specifically moulded to the shape of the product that has to be transported. They keep the product intact in one place and prevent them from shock. They help in organising smaller items properly making them fit for transportation.
- Packaging Peanuts: Packaging peanuts, also called loose fillers, are designed in the form of peanuts. They are actually void fillers that help in filling the small void inside the box to keep the items packed inside intact and prevent vibration during transit. These packaging Box have been manufactured from renewable plastics.
Features of Protective Packaging
The well-known and most important feature of using these protective packaging is that, these are eco-friendly that they can be reused if not damaged seriously, they are recyclable which means after intended use, they can be re-pulped, reprocessed or can also be used for making a new product.
If anybody does not want to reuse or recycle these protective packaging, they can also be decomposed by other living organisms or can be broken down.
Nowadays, businesses are more focused and have evolved in search of improved methods over standard packaging methods and that has revolutionised traditional protective packaging. The automated packaging machines used now days helps in improving labour efficiency, reduce waste and also helps in reducing clutter in the packaging area. But these are best for businesses that produce well at a very large scale.
Packaging Midlands is a well-known packaging distributor of packaging supplies that has great quality and diverse range of packaging supplies among other packaging companies at a very affordable price. Explore their range of quality products online.