As everyone knows, pregnancy is the time when one needs to be extra cautious about their diet and food habits. During this period, it is important to ensure that the diet has extra vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are needed for the development of the baby inside the womb. So, in addition to regular food, the consumption of healthy snacks like dry fruits is advisable because of the benefits it offers both to the unborn baby and the pregnant lady.
Though a regular and balanced diet helps pregnant women meet their daily needs for vital nutrients and vitamins, dried fruits help provide additional proteins and nutrients such as iron, iodine, folic acid, zinc, magnesium, and omega 3 fatty acids. Besides this, dried fruits can also meet sudden cravings or help satisfy the need for snacks. For vegetarians, dried fruits can supply the body with all the required nutrients equivalent to meat consumption.
Advantages of Consumption of Dry Fruits for Women in Pregnancy:
- Most dry fruits are usually rich sources of fiber content that help pregnant women get relief from one of their most frequently occurring pregnancy-related ailments – constipation. In pregnant women, constipation can happen due to hormonal changes, consumption of pills, etc. A high-fiber diet that includes dry fruits can resolve this issue.
- Iron deficiency is another issue that many pregnant women encounter, and it may lead to anemia. Dry fruits like dates and nuts provide the iron content needed by them, thus helping to prevent anemia.
- Vitamin A is a vital nutrient that helps the growth of the unborn baby’s bones. And, these requirements can be met by consuming dry fruits as they are enriched with Vitamin A.
- The magnesium content present in the dry fruits can support the development of the baby’s nervous system.
- Fluctuation of blood pressure is another common pregnancy-related issue that many women face. The potassium present in dry fruits helps regulate blood pressure.
- Dry fruits like prunes strengthen pregnant women’s uterus muscles, thus helping in a smooth delivery.
- The Vitamin E content in dry fruits is said to be helpful in the growth and development of lungs and cells in the unborn baby’s body.
- Almonds are rich sources of magnesium that assist in the development and maintenance of bones. Besides, it also helps in smooth bowel movement.
- It is said that if pregnant women intake dry fruits daily, it can help reduce the risk of asthma and wheezing in the baby.
Now that you have read about the benefits offered by dry fruits are you looking for the best place to buy them in the UAE? You can buy them at several supermarkets and local stores, but you also need to be cautious about the quality of the dry fruits. From websites like Quoodo dry fruits shop online, you can get the finest quality dry fruits sourced from the best vendors in the country. When you buy from Quoodo dry fruits shop, you never need to worry about the quality of the products as they are the best in terms of quality and price. So, the next time you think of purchasing dry fruits or nuts from a dry fruits shop, visit the Quoodo website and shop from the widest assortment of products available to have them delivered at your doorsteps. Besides, when you buy from Quoodo dry fruits shop online, you can also enjoy the best deals, combo offers, and discounts as well.