LASIK (LASER Assisted In situ Keratomileusis) might help you regain clear vision when glasses or contact lenses are becoming an issue in your daily life. You may recognize that nearsightedness (myopia) and farsightedness (hyperopia) are amongst the most frequent refractive defects. It’s possible that changes in your eye’s structure, possibly due to age and the way we use our eyes could affect your vision. Laser eye surgery (LASIK) is a very effective way to improve your eyesight permanently without ever needing to wear glasses or contact lenses again.
Eye hospitals in Chennai are recognized for their cutting-edge equipment, skilled surgeons, and attentive patient care. The greatest Lasik technology is readily available in Chennai. It’s no surprise that Chennai is becoming a popular destination for overseas patients, given how much less it costs in Chennai than in comparable clinics elsewhere.
LASIK EYE SURGERY TYPES:
An optometrist will carefully examine your eye and determine the kind and severity of refractive defect that’s impairing your vision before any surgical treatment may be performed. This is established following a comprehensive examination of both the eyes and your general health history.
Bladeless laser surgery:
Eyes aren’t cut with blades while using the Bladeless method. Two types of lasers are used in the procedure: Femto Laser and Excimer Laser. Five-micron accuracy is attainable with a Femto laser. If a human hair measures 60 microns, a Femto laser can remove six layers of that hair, which is impossible with a blade and provides higher accuracy, better eyesight, and more safety when using bladeless technology over bladed technology.
Laser Eye Surgery with a Blade:
An excimer laser is used to adjust the spectacle power by resurfacing the cornea. A specific blade called a Microkeratome is utilized to create a corneal flap. It is possible to generate a flap with a modern microkeratome that is nearly identical to the ones made by Femto Lasers.
Surface Laser Surgery:
Surface laser operations are developed for patients whose corneas are too thin for standard LASIK procedures.
COST OF LASIK SURGERY IN CHENNAI: HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
You’ll pay different prices depending on what kind of technology and skill your surgeon has. Prices in Chennai range from as little as Six thousand per eye all the way up to more than one lakh. Many laser facilities rely on outdated equipment that is considerably less expensive and has fewer medical safety standards and quality control measures than newer, more advanced technology.
It’s possible to achieve an extremely low price at certain centers, but only by agreeing to less technology, fewer surgeons, and considerably less follow-up care, all of which result in worse-than-ideal results. You might go to a clinic that offers LASIK at a very inexpensive price.
Taking excessive risks with your vision is not an option. Because it affects your eyes, and don’t base your decision only on price. This will lead you astray. It’s common knowledge that fees should be in the range of INR 20,000-50,000. Keep in mind that these are only estimates for Lasik laser eye surgery in Chennai:
• Rs. 20,000-40,000 INR for conventional Lasik (Laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis)
• Sub Bowman’s LASIK/ Epi LASIK : Rs. 30000-45000 INR.
• Rs. 70000-100000 INR for Femtosecond (All-Laser Lasik eye surgery which is also called blade-free or bladeless Lasik procedure)
• Rs. 80000-95000 for SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction)
• In Chennai, Contoura ((Latest technology of All-Laser Lasik eye surgery) Vision costs between Rs. 90,000/- and Rs. 1, 00,000/-
A comparison of the regular Lasik eye surgery and the premium laser vision repair procedures reveals a substantial cost difference.
In reality, some clinics may charge you this much for lasers that are badly maintained, re-use disposables, and do not have the competence to deal with any problems that could arise.
Lasik technology may look pricey, but you should be aware that the expenses in Chennai are a fraction of what they are in other cities, which is why you should consider it. You must factor in that frequent changing of spectacles would no longer be required. As a matter of fact, even at Chennai’s most advanced eye facilities, technology is much less expensive than elsewhere.
IN WHAT WAYS DOES LASIK SURGERY IN CHENNAI COST MORE?
The cost of Lasik surgery in Chennai can be affected by a number of factors. As a result, the following points will help you determine the total cost of the process.
Advanced Technology and tools:
This element has a significant impact on the cost of Lasik surgery. Modern technologies and popular tools have a direct impact on price.
Larger cities typically charge more than smaller ones. The expense of setting up a business in a large city is the primary factor.
Not all clinics offer this option. Some hospitals, on the other hand, offer post-operative care as an add-on service. Your overall budget may be affected if you choose to do this.
A hospital with a better reputation is therefore likely to have less expense in the long run.
The benefits of choosing a premium Lasik procedure are self-evident since they provide a higher level of vision. In case you’re still unsure, here’s a quick summary.
• Farsightedness, nearsightedness, and/or astigmatism can be improved by laser vision correction surgery. The majority of patients who get LASIK are pleased with the results.
• On completion of refractive surgery, the corneal flap is put back in place on the eye’s surface, where it heals spontaneously, without any need for sutures or even a bandage.
• The effects of LASIK surgery are permanent after the stabilization phase. Apart from the natural aging process, external injuries, and some illnesses, your enhanced vision should last a lifetime, even if your eyesight deteriorates.
• In general, patients can return to work or their normal activities at this point. In one day, LASIK surgery can give you near-perfect, or perfect, eyesight.
• In many cases, you can minimize or remove your daily dependency on glasses or contact lenses with laser vision correction surgery.
There are several advantages to laser eye surgery, so it’s time to find out what it can do for you. Eye hospitals in major cities are well-equipped with the latest Lasik equipment and have competent, well-trained surgeons and staff. Choose a hospital that offers a full range of refractive surgery procedures so that your options are not restricted. Choose a doctor with good ratings so that you know you are in the best of hands.