As a QuickBooks user, you might have faced a number of errors while using QuickBooks. In this post, we are going to discuss about QuickBooks Error 1328 that a user generally face while attempting to install, update or repair QuickBooks Desktop. The error code appears on the screen with an error message which reads “Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.”
For immediate troubleshooting assistance to fix QuickBooks Error 1328, you can contact us at our customer support number 1.800.579.0391 and get-in-touch with certified QuickBooks experts
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 1328?
The following are the potential reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 1328:
- There might be some QuickBooks software files that have been corrupted or damaged.
- The installation of QuickBooks software might have been corrupted due to some unknown reasons.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Error 1328?
Solution 1) Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- At first, press Alt + F4 keys to close QuickBooks if it’s opened on your system.
- On your system, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub for the latest version (22.214.171.124).
- Click on the file you’ve just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) to open it.
- Now, do as per the instructions that you see on your computer’s screen. Finally, give your consent to the terms and conditions to finish the installation of the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- Double click the QuickBooks Tool hub’s icon to open it.
- Opt for Installation issues and then click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to run it.
- Once the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool finishes, close down the opened QuickBooks Tool Hub window.
- Now, restart your computer.
Solution 2) Use the Repair tool for QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
Step 1) Create a back up of your company file
Before you run the repair tool, it’s necessary that you make a backup of your company file. To create a backup of your company file, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop, select the File menu and then select the Switch to Single mode option.
- From the File menu, select the Backup Company option and then choose Create Local Backup.
- Now, you need to click on Local Backup and hit the Next button.
- Select Browse to choose the location where you want to save your backup company file.
- After selecting the location, hit the OK button.
- At last, click on Save it now and then click Next.
Read Also – QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer
Step 2) Run the Repair tool
- At first, press the Windows key to open the Windows Start menu, type “Control Panel” into the search dialog box, and open the Control Panel.
- Now, you need to select the Programs and Features option.
- Look for QuickBooks in the list of programs, select it and then select the Uninstall/Change option.
- On the QuickBooks uninstallation window, opt for Repair and hit the Next button.
- Once the repair tool finishes, click on the Finish button.
We hope that after following any of the above-mentioned solutions, you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 1328 and continue your work. For additional troubleshooting help, dial our toll-free number 1.800.579.0391 and talk to QuickBooks professionals.