Getting QuickBooks error 15222 while trying to download updates of QuickBooks Desktop or payroll? If yes, make sure to read this post until the end to know what exactly you need to do. Generally, the primary reason that causes such kind of update errors is the blockage of necessary QuickBooks files by any third-party security application. However, there can be several other reasons behind the occurrence of error 15222 that we are going to discuss in this post alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks error 15222? If yes, don’t hesitate to reach our QuickBooks support team at 844-888-4666 and get assisted immediately.
What causes QuickBooks error code 15222?
Down below, we have mentioned all the possible reasons that can throw QuickBooks error code 15222:
- Any third-party security application is blocking necessary QuickBooks files, such as qbupdate.exe and qbw32.exe.
- The Internet Explorer function fails to verify the digital signature of QuickBooks.
How can you get rid of QuickBooks error 15222?
Solution 1) Configure Anti-Virus settings for QuickBooks Desktop
For the PC Tools Internet Security application-
To restore quarantined (blocked) QuickBooks files:
- Open the PC Tools Internet Security application and then select the Settings menu.
- From the Settings drop-down menu, choose the Quarantine option.
- Choose the necessary QuickBooks files that you are required to restore.
- Click on the Restore option.
- Select the Yes option to confirm and then hit the OK button.
To make exceptions to keep the QuickBooks directory safe from being scanned:
- In the PC Tools Internet Security application, select the Settings menu.
- From the Settings drop-drop menu, choose the Global Action List option.
- Click on the Add option to select the QuickBooks files that you want to exclude from scanning.
- Hit the OK button
For the AVG Anti-Virus application-
- To restore quarantined (blocked) Quarantined files:
- Open the AVG User Interface and then select the History menu.
- From the History drop-down menu, select the Virus Vault option.
- Look for the QuickBooks files, such as qbupdate.exe and qbw32.exe, and select them.
- Click on the Restore option.
- At last, hit the Close button.
Solution 2) Manually install a digital certificate of QuickBooks
- At first, exit out QuickBooks Desktop if you are working with it.
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys simultaneously to open the File Explorer.
- Access the folder named QuickBooks by navigating to the following path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In the folder, look for the file named QBW32.exe and right-click it.
- Choose the Properties option.
- Go to the Digital Signature tab.
- From the signature list, select Intuit,Inc.
- Click on the Details button.
- On the Digital Signature Details window, select the View Certificate option.
- Select the Install Certificate option on the Certificate window.
- Hit the Next button continuously until the Finish button is displayed.
- Click on the Finish button.
- Now, restart the system.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and try to download the update again.
Even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting, if you can’t get rid of QuickBooks error 15222, then there is a great possibility that the Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks from accessing the internet. Our recommendation for you is to configure the Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this resolves the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks error experts at 844-888-4666.